Check out this video of the T-90M, the latest version of Russia’s most modern combat tank. The T-90M features a host of upgrades over its predecessor the T-90S.
Here are those upgrades according to a tipster:
- Improved front and side armor protection against kinetic energy and high-energy anti-tank rounds.
- New V-93 1130hp diesel engine.
- A new version of the Kontakt-5 reactive armor that covers a greater portion of the tank.
- New “Kalina” automatically target tracking system using a new THALES-made thermal-imaging camera that is integrated with the Sozvezdie tactical battle management system.
- New 2A82 125mm main gun — abandoning the continuously upgraded 2A46 series.
- A commander’s independent thermal viewer linked to a 7.62mm machine gun.
- New communications systems.
- Active Suspension Control.
- Anti-RPG grills.
- Laser warning receivers and the “Shtora” laser and EO/IR rangefinder countermeasure.
- Safer turret ammunition stowage compartment.
- GLONASS and GPS satellite navigation system as well as an inertial navigation system.
Click through the jump for the video: